Sunday, February 20, 2011

Rak Smey

This is Rak Smey. She is an amazing little girl. She is in the second grade. Today was the second day I went to the orphanage. I was honest with the children and told them I was only visiting Cambodia. They have so many people come in and out of their lives. Most travelers usually only come once and don't stay long.

Today Kate and I went with the watercolors and plain white paper. We spent hours just painting. Most gave me their pictures!! They are amazing. I will try and upload those pictures. I am finding it hard to upload multiple pictures as the internet here can't handle it. When I left she hugged me and said "my friend teach." She knows little English, so this was huge.

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing oppurtunity for you Laura, how wonderful. Enjoy every minute, and No you can't bring them all home :)
    Love, Barbara

    ReplyDelete