Monday, February 14, 2011

Letter Writing

Today my class of fourth and fifth graders wrote letters to the children in Cambodia. They all wrote really sweet letters saying where we lived and how it is close to the Atlantic Ocean. They each wrote what they like to do when not in school. They all should be really excited to get letters back when I return.

Spent a little bit more time packing tonight. We decided that since the airline will allow 2 checked bags that I should really fill them up. I was given more coloring books, some money, and an entire stack of good drawing paper today. Tonight I found these great syrofoam puffs that the kids can use to make sculptures. They have no weight. I thought those would be fun for the boys. I then got the great idea of bringing string and beads for the girls to make necklaces and bracelets, knowing Sarah had so many bead kits in the craft area. I made a few calls to friends who I knew would have tons in the playrooms.

I fly out Wednesday.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment