Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Market

I am heading out to Kate's School this morning. Mr. Phalley, the tuk tuk driver is picking me up at 11. When I arrive, I will begin the reading assessments. This school Northbridge is a private school and has children from all over the world. Most come from wealthy families. However there are some children on scholarship. There are several able to attend because they have a sponser.

So before I leave I need to share some pictures of the market. All over the city are open markets. This is where all the Cambodians go to buy everything they need. They do have some closed grocery stores, but to Cambodians the prices are too high and they cater to westerners.






















Yes those are what they look like..bugs! Cockroaches, ants, and many that I had no idea. Cambodians were purchasing them by the tin can.
No, I did not try. I have been sticking to all American food.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so I could probably shop there and use some of the veggies... but the bugs, not a chance in $#&& (shuddering just thinking about it).

    ReplyDelete